Staff @ Wingle-Tye I
|Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills
|Cert Ed/ Level 4 Practitioner
|Level 3 practitioner
|Level 3 Practitioner
|Level 2 Practitioner
2 YEAR OLD LEAD
|Level 3 Practitioner
Designated Deputy Safeguarding Lead
|Level 2 practitioner
|First Aid Officer
Staff are selected in view of their qualifications, experience, reliability and above all their caring attitude. Each member of staff has health and police checks as per current regulations.
- Our staff undertake a continuous training programme.
- Staff ratios are maintained as required by OFSTED.
- Each child will have a keyworker to monitor the children’s progress throughout the year and report their findings to parents/carers.
- The staff ratios as required by OFSTED are:
- 1:5 ratio with children aged 2-3 years,
- 1:8 ratio with children aged 3-5 years,
If during your child’s time with us you have any queries or worries, please remember that all staff are approachable and will find time to listen and offer whatever support they can.
Procedure for Appointing New Staff
Wingle-Tye complies with the new Safeguarding Children – Recruitment Training and the following procedure is carried out before appointing new staff:-
- Job vacancy is advertised. Initially in setting by the use of posters on windows etc.
- If no response the job is advertised outside locally in the Job Centre and/or newspapers/or local college.
- Applications are invited in writing and references applied for before an interview is set up between the Provider, Manager and applicant.
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks are made before employment commences.
- Individual job descriptions and contracts are given.
Extract from Equal Opportunities Statement Policy:
“Wingle-Tye recognises and welcomes all legislation and existing codes of practice produced by the appropriate Commissions for the promotion of equal opportunities for all.
The Pre-School aims to ensure the individuals are recruited, selected, trained and promoted on the basis of occupational skill requirements. In this respect Wingle-Tye will ensure that no job applicant or employee will receive less favorable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, cultural or national origin of sexuality, which cannot be justified as being necessary for the safe and effective performance of the work or training for the work.”
- Staff are selected in view of their qualifications, experience, reliability and above all their caring attitude.
- Staff must also commit to a continuous training programme.
Procedure for Supervision of Students and Volunteers
Student and volunteers must not be left unsupervised with the children.
They must not take the children to the toilet.
It is the Manager’s responsibility to:-
- Ensure the students/volunteers fully understand the procedures and policies of the setting with instructions regarding health and safety requirements, fire procedures, accident procedures etc.
- Ensure the students/volunteers needs are met in regards to their learning requirements.
- Appoint a member of staff to act as mentor who will work alongside the student/volunteer during and following the induction period.